Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 9 - Two steps back?

So far, this whole "project" is going pretty well! I have had one little slip up. Something that I talked myself into thinking was a "need". I still kind of feel like it was, but...

While shopping for toilet paper, shampoo, hairspray, etc. I purchased a armband that holds my phone so that when I run it will track my progress. I am new to running, and like the fact that the app I downloaded allows me to track my progress. That helps to keep me motivated. I carried it in my hand the first few times but felt that I "needed" the armband for the safety of the phone and ease of use. The armband was just under $10. Please forgive me, for I have sinned.

I am also detecting a new coping strategy. Since I can no longer shop for shoes, shirts, vases and electronics, I have begun to purchase food in mass quantities. Buying food is within the rules! Today the hoard was canned food. Our local grocery store is having a "CANTASTIC" (their words, not mine) sale. I couldn't resist. Canned vegetables, $0.38! Canned beans, $0.48! Mac and cheese, two for $1!



My canned food shelves were already pretty full. I bought so many canned foods today that I'm pretty sure the unit would buckle if I put them away. What am I doing? At least it's stuff we'll use...eventually. "It will help my long term food budget" is what I kept telling myself... Does anybody need to stock their bomb shelter? I'll make you a great deal!

Acknowledgement is the first step to recovery, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment