Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Sunday paper.

I purchased the Sunday paper last week and was shocked to discover there were no coupons! Either I got a dud, or maybe they thought nobody wanted to clip coupons right before Christmas. Maybe the elves stole them! Ha. Either way, that was a wasted $2. If I had made such a discovery two weeks later, I would have been angry for having wasted that money.

So today I went and got this weeks installment of said Sunday paper. I made sure to look inside for the coupons before I paid for it. Yep, they were there! Upon further inspection once I got the paper home, I found out that there was only one coupon section, where in the past there have been two. I wonder why.... Anyhow, the coupon booklet that I did get only had savings for personal care and household items, not food.  In fact, the local grocery stores did not have their ads included in the Sunday paper either. Is this a new development? Maybe I haven't been paying attention to the "deals" for too long... Perhaps "The Sunday paper" will become a weekly blog entry. I'm sure you'd all be thrilled to learn the "ins and outs" of my local Sunday paper! You're on the edge of your seat, aren't you? ;)

Since there are no food coupons my husband thinks he's off the hook for coupon clipping and meal planning this week. He's wrong. He just doesn't know it yet.

With a quick scan through the flyer I have added up $16 dollars in savings. That is just using the coupons for the items that I would already be purchasing. Not too shabby! That's a good start, I think. Should I go the extra distance and plan to use the coupons at the stores that already have those products on sale? Maybe someday, but today is not that day. I don't think tomorrow will be either.

Does anyone have any good coupons sources?








No comments:

Post a Comment