Friday, December 28, 2012

Before the ball drops...

In anticipation of our impending restrictions, I have been buying up things I know I won't be able to purchase in the next year. Am I cheating? Maybe. Maybe not. The "game" doesn't start until January 1st, so I'm still good...

I never said I wouldn't fight dirty. ;)

My husband has been lobbying for a smart phone for some time now. I went into the local cell phone store a few days before Christmas to get one for him. I discovered I too could get a new phone, and not only that, but I could get two of them for two cents! What a deal! So, I got two. One for him and one for me. Had we not been looking down the barrel of this experiment, I would have only gotten one for him. I am weak. Very weak.

I have been thinking of things that I might potentially "need" in the coming year, and won't be able to buy. Surprisingly, I haven't been able to come up with much. I really want to make a big hoarders shopping list. I want to go crazy before the first of the year. I'm sure that once I am not able to purchase whatever I want that list will be a mile long. Perhaps I am not very good at anticipating "need". Perhaps I just know deep down I really don't need much at all.

All of that aside, my big purchase as the year ends is this. It's an antique phone operator desk. If you know me, you would know why this is right up my alley. I'm hoping that seeing this everyday will help me make it through the next year. It's really unique, it speaks to me. I can use it everyday. I will probably sit at it to write this blog. It's super cool, nobody else has one. It's got all kinds of cool cubby holes and oddities. Plus, I did a good deed, it was purchased from a local small business, The Junk Refunkery. Share the love ($) locally.




See my little doggie there? That's Lucy. She's the best. :)

I also think I forgot to mention in my previous posts, this "Year of Austerity" doesn't begin until the first of the year. We're bringing in the New Year with our biggest resolution ever. It may just be our best year yet! Wish  us luck!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment